Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sustainability: A Political Time Bomb

Hi Molly,

I would like to write my personal essay on how sustainability has become political issue. Sustainability, to me anyway, seems like an issue that would have wide ranging bipartisan support because it benefits everyone: rich or poor, white or black, gay or straight. This is not the case. I would like to research why there is such a divide on Capitol Hill. I love politics and personally identify more with Democrats on social issues like sustainability but I will do my best correctly portray the Republicans stance on this issue. I have previously written a paper similar to this but politics was a side note rather than the main topic. I have a genuine interest in both sustainability and politics (I’m a political junkie, weird I know) and really look forward to researching this topic. By the way, congratulations on your raw food diet! You have WAY more will power than I.

Happy Tuesday,

Blake

1 comment:

  1. excellent, sounds good. So you can use some of your old research and incorporate new as well. I used to be a serious politics junkie, but after awhile it just started to upset me. These days I get most of my news from The Daily Show on Hulu. :/

    And thanks! It's only day 3 but it's going well.

    ReplyDelete